1.17.2010

Yesterday I ate take out chinese, so I am prettyyyy sure I went over my calorie limit for the day. haha I wish I could eat take out chinese everyday and stay within my 1400 calories but I just don't think that is possible.
Today I was better though. I'm also not too worried about it because I do have to let myself break the rules every once in a while. So far today:

English Muffin, 2% american cheese, MSF "sausage" 230
Americano w/ 2p of Vanilla and half & half 70
Smart Ones Macaroni and cheese 270
Grapefruit 120
Peas 100
"Eggplant parmigiana (minus the parmigiana, plus the asiago)" 340

Recipe:
3- 1/2 inch slices of eggplant 25 cals
1 tsp olive oil 40 cals
1.5 oz. whole wheat angel hair pasta 155 cals
1/2 cup of tomato and mushroom sauce 70 cals
~1/2 oz grated asiago cheese 50 cals

1) Slice the eggplant and salt it liberally to take the bitterness out
2) While this is resting, start water to boil, and add the pasta when it starts to boil
3) Heat up a grill pan for the eggplant on medium high
4) Split 1/2 tsp of olive oil between the three eggplant slices and rub on one side, then spray the grill pan with olive oil spray and place the oiled side of the slices down in the pan
5) Right before you flip the eggplant over (after 4-5 minutes), use the other 1/2 tsp on the top side of the eggplant and spray them with olive oil spray, then flip them over.
6) Sprinkle garlic powder on the top side of the eggplant (to your liking)
7) Allow the eggplant to grill for another 5 minutes or so
8) Heat up the pasta sauce and when the pasta is done pour it over the pasta
9) Place the eggplant slices on top of the pasta and then grate however much cheese on top that your little heart desires.

You can obviously use whatever cheese you have on hand. I normally do the traditional mozzarella and parmesan (sp?) but I decided to switch it up and use asiago. I was pleasantly surprised. Also I don't bread the eggplant because that takes out calories from both bread crumbs and the egg white used to coat it. I actually love the grilled eggplant because I can taste it more than if it is breaded and fried.
To come up with my calories for things like eggplant, fish filets, and pasta I use a scale that measures to the ounce or gram. A scale is a dieter's best friend. When I get the weights I go and check the calories on a site like http://www.calorieking.com, or www.thedailyplate.com.
I'm sure I will eat a little something else later, especially after I exhaust myself playing my new Super Mario Bros game for the Wii, so I will update then!

Pretzels ~250 (I didn't really keep count)
Total = 1390, I think...I did it in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment