1.25.2010

I have been too busy, stressed, and discouraged to write this blog, and, on a couple of occasions, stick with my diet. The entire month of January I have only lost around 1.5 pounds. It has really been bothering me and making me not even want to try anymore, but of course that is the worst reaction I could have because I will end up gaining weight back if I don't keep trying, and I emotionally eat. I didn't break my diet everyday since my last post but I definitely did a couple of times. I also *GASP* ate a hamburger from Sonic! But just to clear things up, the majority of the reason that I am a pescatarian now is to avoid the massive unnecessary amounts of antibiotics that are in meat products sold in grocery stores and at restaurants and fast food chains. I want to avoid antibiotic resistance as much as possible since I learn about the detriments of it everyday in class! I also don't agree with the way animals are overfed, mistreated, and when it comes down to it...tortured really. But a hamburger once in a blue moon isn't going to kill me.
Today was a long day, but I accomplished what I wanted to. I worked from 8-12, went to class from 1-4ish, rode my bike to and on the riverwalk and back, and have completed most of my required schoolwork for the week. Even fit in a little nap in there. Not too shabby. If only I could keep up this motivation all of the time.
Today I decided to start taking Alli. I bought it a while ago and have taken it a few times here and there, but never consistently. I thought that it could give me a little boost since I am in a tough spot right now and trying to get over a hump of stagnant weight. I guess I will find out if the side effects are worth it. I bought some multivitamins (which I should be taking daily anyway), but it is especially important with Alli since it can interfere with my daily vitamin absorption. I never really thought Alli would help too much because the foods I eat while I am on my diet never have too much fat, and Alli just helps with not absorbing all of the fat you take in, but it is worth a try. I got it from work on sale with my employee discount so it didn't even cost that much.

Food today:
Egg sandwich with american cheese 200
Coffee with skim milk 30
Cucumber and hummus 90
Fiber plus granola bar 130
Cucumber sandwich w/ 1 tbsp light mayo 150
Americano with 2% milk and 1 pump mocha and honey 100
Ginger glazed mahi mahi 300 (from previous recipe)
"Pasta Rice" 150
Side salad with onions, cucumber, 1 tbsp tangy balsamic vinaigrette 75
Total = 1225

"Pasta Rice" recipe:
1 oz whole wheat thin spaghetti
1 tbsp light butter

1) Break up pasta into rice sized pieces
2) Melt butter in pan on medium high heat and spray pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking
3) Brown pasta until it is a dark golden color, stir often; remove from heat
4) Add 1/2 - 1 cup of water and bring to a boil; stir often, and if the pasta is not al dente when all of the water is absorbed/evaporated add more
I poured some of the ginger marinade from the fish over the pasta and let it simmer then I placed the fish on top of the pasta and poured the rest of the marinade on top. Yummy!
Kind of like a healthier version of Rice-a-Roni which I loved when I was little!
(and I actually made it because I didn't have any rice on hand)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel!
    Don't be discouraged! You can do it!
    you should put some green tea in your diet:)

    ReplyDelete